- XN Sports NFL Mock Draft 4.0 - Apr 10, 2015
- 6 Teams That Need To Win The 2015 NFL Draft - Apr 7, 2015
- Manziel, RGIII Among 6 NFL Players Facing A Make-Or-Break 2015 Season - Apr 6, 2015
Four marquee players surfaced as a major trading chips over the weekend. With the MLB trade deadline rapidly approaching, they are among the biggest names rumored to be on the block and the biggest difference-makers available.
Thursday marks the deadline, meaning talks that started over the weekend are going to heat up Monday and Tuesday and could wind up coming to fruition by Thursday. Here’s the four players most likely to be dealt:
1. Matt Kemp to the Red Sox
The Dodgers have long been rumored to be shopping their outfielders, and Kemp is the biggest name of the players available. A perfect landing spot, Boston, is in desperate need of outfield help. Call it a match.
ESPN Boston reported the Red Sox are mulling a trade for Kemp, with the only holdup being a question about the outfielder’s health. If a trade happens, Los Angeles must be willing to take on some of Kemp’s salary.
2. Troy Tulowitzki to the Mets
Normally sellers at the deadline, the Mets are looking to buy this year. And the team has its eyes on arguably the best shortstop in the game.
The Mets have reached out to the Rockies about Tulowitzki, according to Yahoo! Sports, and are prepared to offer their top pitching prospect Noah Syndergaard to facilitate the deal.
Tulo is on the disabled list with a hip flexor strain. The Rockies are also receiving interest from St. Louis.
3. Jon Lester out of Beantown
The Red Sox and Lester have continually failed to come to terms on a long-term contract, and ESPN reported the team will likely look to deal the ace before Thursday.
There’s a growing expectation from rival execs that Jon Lester is going to be traded before deadline; LAD viewed as likely landing spot.
— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) July 28, 2014
This is the second big-time deal reportedly in the works between Boston and Los Angeles. The Sox reportedly covet the Dodgers’ top outfield prospect Joc Pederson.
Giants remain interested in Zobrist despite giving up 2 prospects in Peavy deal. Giants had 2 scouts watching Rays this weekend.
— Jon Morosi (@jonmorosi) July 28, 2014
The Giants may start to get thin on prospects to deal, and with the Rays making a push in the standings, it may not be a sure bet. But what this shows is that the Giants are going all in to gear up for a World Series run.
- Football’s Most Renowned Teams that Send the Fans Crazy
- Fighting in Hockey: Good or Bad?
- Favorites & Challengers in the New Look NHL 2020-2021 Season
- The Highest Paid NBA Stars Of Right Now
- Are All the Injuries Accrued in Week Two Due to No Pre-Season
- Horse Racings Wealthiest Events Worldwide
- Week 15 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread
- What is the best bet to make on Baseball?
- Week 12 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread
- Week 9 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread