- Soccer Rumors: Arturo Vidal Not Heading To Manchester United, Liverpool Interested - Jul 25, 2014
- Premier League Preview: Newcastle United - Jul 21, 2014
- Soccer Rumors: Chelsea Eyeing Atletico Madrid’s Joao Miranda - Jul 19, 2014
It seems as if Jose Mourinho wants to bring in every player from Diego Simeone’s Atletico Madrid squad.
First, Chelsea’s on loan goalkeeper at Atletico, Thiago Courtois, was retrieved and will not return to Atletico for a fourth season.
After months of speculation about a transfer being made, Chelsea finally secured Brazilian and Spanish striker Diego Costa, also from Atletico Madrid. Costa has reportedly signed a five-year contract with the Blues after Chelsea met the player’s buyout clause at $52 million.
Diego Costa was a major part of Atletico Madrid’s success, as he netted 35 goals and grabbed four assists in 45 combined matches between the Spanish Premier League and Champions League.
After Mourinho bought his number one striker, he turned his attention to the left-back position. After Ashley Cole’s departure there was a huge gab to fill in that full-back position.
Chelsea were rumored to have completed a deal for Luke Shaw of Southampton, but Manchester United won the battle for the youngster. Mourinho was left frustrated and decided to look elsewhere. And where else to look than Atletico Madrid once again.
Filipe Luis was also heavily targeted by the Blues, but the deal was finally completed only late last week. Chelsea snatched the Brazilian up from Madrid for an undisclosed fee, but somewhere in the region of €23 million. Luis signed a three-year contract with the Blues and will wear the number five jersey left vacant by departed Michael Essien.
With their holes filled, Mourinho gave reporters a slight hint that his signings are over with for the summer transfer window.
The Blues manager said, “I don’t think we will sign any more players. The market is open, but we are so happy with what we have. We feel that our squad is what we want.”
However, there have been reports that Chelsea are still shopping a center-back to fill the void that David Luiz left, and as insurance to aging John Terry.
With their scouts in Madrid, and pen ready at hand, Chelsea have been reportedly eyeing a swoop for Brazilian defender, Joao Miranda. At the moment, Miranda is training with Atletico in Spain, but it is understood that he is open to a move to England.
With all these lovely signings for Jose Mourinho, Chelsea are looking very Brazilian as of late.
Even without the Miranda signing, and if all the same players from last season stay put, that would be a total of five Brazilian stars in Chelsea’s squad. Miranda’s suspected arrival will make it six. Mourinho is however smarter than Louis Scolari, head coach of the Brazilian National Team, and understands the capabilities of each individual and how to manipulate them to win games.
Mourinho is a genius in the world’s most popular sport. He is confident his team can win it all this year.
- Football’s Most Renowned Teams that Send the Fans Crazy
- Fighting in Hockey: Good or Bad?
- Favorites & Challengers in the New Look NHL 2020-2021 Season
- The Highest Paid NBA Stars Of Right Now
- Are All the Injuries Accrued in Week Two Due to No Pre-Season
- Horse Racings Wealthiest Events Worldwide
- Week 15 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread
- What is the best bet to make on Baseball?
- Week 12 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread
- Week 9 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread