- NBA Playoff Picture Finally Takes Shape, XN Sports Provides The View - Apr 8, 2015
- Shaquille O’Neal Still Dreams of What Could Have Been in Orlando - Mar 29, 2015
- Steve Nash Proved He Belonged And Still Does - Mar 23, 2015
With the Houston Rockets zooming in on landing LeBron James or Carmelo Anthony— or perhaps even both— Chandler Parsons, the team’s up-and-coming veteran free agent forward, is quietly attracting his own flood of attention on the open market.
Yahoo Sports reports the Bulls, Lakers, and Mavericks are all interested in the restricted free agent, whom the Rockets have the right to match any offer for after declining his $964,750 option.
The 25-year-old Parsons averaged 16.6 points, 5.5 rebounds, and four assists while shooting 37 percent from 3-point range for the Rockets last season. The 6-foot-9 rangy slasher is widely considered the best small forward in free agency this summer not named James or Anthony.
“When I got drafted in the second round, I signed the four-year deal and everyone has to go through their rookie scale,” Parsons told Yahoo Sports of his relatively bargain-basement deal with the Rockets. “It was all part of the process. I obviously thought I deserved more. But I never was bitter or jealous of anyone making more than me. I was just fortunate enough to do this for a living.”
League sources add the Rockets are interested in re-signing Parsons should their attempts to land either James or Anthony not pan out. Parsons effectively teamed with James Harden and Dwight Howard last season to give the Rockets’ one of the league’s most potent offenses.
Parsons’ name has also been prominently mentioned in several high-profile trade rumors that are still circulating. Houston has also expressed an interest in landing disgruntled Minnesota Timberwolves forward Kevin Love and are rumored to be dangling Parsons as part of a package aimed at acquiring him.
“I feel like I’m in a win-win situation,” said Parsons. “I think a lot of teams could be interested. With the way I play and my versatility, I feel I can pretty much help any team.”
- Most Likely Super Bowl LVI Matchup
- Football’s Most Renowned Teams that Send the Fans Crazy
- Fighting in Hockey: Good or Bad?
- Favorites & Challengers in the New Look NHL 2020-2021 Season
- The Highest Paid NBA Stars Of Right Now
- Are All the Injuries Accrued in Week Two Due to No Pre-Season
- Horse Racings Wealthiest Events Worldwide
- Week 15 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread
- What is the best bet to make on Baseball?
- Week 12 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread