- XN Sports NFL Mock Draft 4.0 - Apr 10, 2015
- 6 Teams That Need To Win The 2015 NFL Draft - Apr 7, 2015
- Manziel, RGIII Among 6 NFL Players Facing A Make-Or-Break 2015 Season - Apr 6, 2015
At the front of the line are the Oakland Raiders and the Pittsburgh Steelers, according to NFL.com, which reported both teams are showing interest in Finley.
Last week, after it was reported that the tight end had gained medical clearance, Finely had a visit scheduled with “an unknown team.” It was later revealed that the unknown team was the New England Patriots, who have a history of bringing in veteran players coming off of injury and giving them a chance.
However, it has been all quiet on the Patriots’ front for Finley … so far.
The Steelers’ team doctor performed Finley’s spinal fusion surgery and then cleared him to return to the football field. He was recently back in Pittsburgh to visit with the doctor. The Steelers could make Finley another red-zone threat opposite of Health Miller.
David Ausberry is currently penciled in as the Raiders’ starting tight end. Former Packers teammate James Jones signed with the Black and Silver over the offseason, and perhaps he is recruiting a familiar face to the Black Hole with him. Finley is an immediate upgrade over Ausberry, if he’s healthy, of course.
Either way, the sign that both the Steelers and Raiders are doing their due diligence shows the market for Finley is heating up. If he never suits up for another NFL team again, he can still cash out on the $10 million insurance policy he signed up for following his neck injury last season.
Jermichael Finley has a tough decision coming up. If he never plays again because of his neck, he can cash in on a $10M insurance policy.
— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) June 1, 2014
Finley was close to joining the Seahawks in March, but a failed physical nixed the deal. Finley was only four months removed from neck surgery at that point. Earlier this week reports indicated that the Seahawks were no longer in the mix for Finley.
Green Bay Packers coach Mike McCarthy wouldn’t shut the door on a potential Finley return. McCarthy said he still considers Finley a member of the Packers, and that the team would pay attention to his medical situation. Andrew Quarless and Brandon Bostick are projected starters for Green Bay.
- Most Likely Super Bowl LVI Matchup
- Football’s Most Renowned Teams that Send the Fans Crazy
- Fighting in Hockey: Good or Bad?
- Favorites & Challengers in the New Look NHL 2020-2021 Season
- The Highest Paid NBA Stars Of Right Now
- Are All the Injuries Accrued in Week Two Due to No Pre-Season
- Horse Racings Wealthiest Events Worldwide
- Week 15 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread
- What is the best bet to make on Baseball?
- Week 12 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread