- XN Sports NFL Mock Draft 4.0 - Apr 10, 2015
- 6 Teams That Need To Win The 2015 NFL Draft - Apr 7, 2015
- Manziel, RGIII Among 6 NFL Players Facing A Make-Or-Break 2015 Season - Apr 6, 2015
The second phase of NFL free agency gets underway after June 1, when according to salary cap rules, veterans that sign from here on out will have zero impact on compensatory draft picks for the following year. It applies to the players’ former and new team.
This year, quarterback Rex Grossman, offensive tackle Eric Winston, tight end Jermichael Finley, defensive tackle Kevin Williams, running back Ronnie Brown, and cornerback Terrell Thomas are among the top available free agents on the market. And this week, they may finally find their new homes.
The Cleveland Browns’ quarterback competition may be between incumbent Brian Hoyer and first-round pick Johnny Manziel, but Pro Football Talks suggests there could be a reunion between offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan and Grossman.
Grossman spent the last few seasons on the Washington Redskins bench with Shanahan as his offensive coordinator, starting 16 games between 2010 and 2011. Grossman hasn’t played a single snap the last two years, but is very familiar with Shanahan’s offense and could serve as a mentor to Manziel.
Also, don’t be shocked if the long-awaited reunion between Browns offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan and quarterback Rex Grossman finally happens. Grossman knows Shanahan’s system as well as anyone, and he can help teach it to Johnny Manziel/Football/Cleveland/Vegas/Whatever.
The Baltimore Ravens signed Daryl Smith during the post-June 1 free agency period last year, and could be in the mix for Winston this go-round.
Baltimore lost right tackle Michael Oher to the Tennessee Titans in free agency, and the team’s plan at that position remains unknown at this point. Currently, Ricky Wagner is penciled in as the starting right tackle, so bringing in a veteran like Winston is a logical move.
Plus, Winston played with the Houston Texans when Ravens offensive coordinator Gary Kubiak was the head coach.
As for the other notable free agents: Brown worked out for the New England Patriots last month, though he left without a deal. Thomas worked out for the Detroit Lions last week. And at the start of May, Williams said he’d retire if his financial demands aren’t met.
Finley received medical clearance on Friday and has been linked to the New York Giants, Seattle Seahawks and Green Bay Packers this offseason.
- Most Likely Super Bowl LVI Matchup
- Football’s Most Renowned Teams that Send the Fans Crazy
- Fighting in Hockey: Good or Bad?
- Favorites & Challengers in the New Look NHL 2020-2021 Season
- The Highest Paid NBA Stars Of Right Now
- Are All the Injuries Accrued in Week Two Due to No Pre-Season
- Horse Racings Wealthiest Events Worldwide
- Week 15 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread
- What is the best bet to make on Baseball?
- Week 12 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread