- XN Sports NFL Mock Draft 4.0 - Apr 10, 2015
- 6 Teams That Need To Win The 2015 NFL Draft - Apr 7, 2015
- Manziel, RGIII Among 6 NFL Players Facing A Make-Or-Break 2015 Season - Apr 6, 2015
The Yankees have become a realistic landing spot for Morales, according to the Boston Globe, and the free-agent slugger won’t cost too much to sign.
The Yankees have become another potential candidate to obtain Morales with Mark Teixeira’s wrist acting up and Carlos Beltran still out of the lineup with bone spurs in his elbow (though he says he’s feeling no pain after receiving a shot). Morales could rake at Yankee Stadium, particularly from the left side. This is an easy fix for the Yankees because they’ll also have to give up the few good young players they have to land a pitcher at the deadline.
Beltran has been out of the lineup with an elbow injury, but earlier this week he began to take batting practice. It’s the first positive sign for the right fielder since he was placed on the disabled list with a bone spur in his right elbow on May 13.
According to Yankees manager Joe Girardi, the team is having “discussions” about re-inserting Beltran back into the lineup, but they may err on the side of caution.
Girardi says beltran will hit today, and then take BP tomorrow, and then the yankees will “make some decisions from there.”
— Daniel Barbarisi (@DanBarbarisi) May 31, 2014
Teixeira has been dealing with a lingering groin injury and a recent wrist injury this season. Last week, he underwent an ultrasound on his surgically repaired right wrist that has forced him out of the lineup for the majority of 2013.
Teixeira returned to the lineup Friday, but exited early on Saturday due to soreness in the wrist. The injury is obviously a concern for the Yankees, and Morales can fill in at first base while the team rests Teixeira.
CBS Sports expects Morales to sign on with a team soon after the June 5 draft, when a draft pick won’t have to be surrendered in order to add him.
Morales has also been linked to the Milwaukee Brewers, Texas Rangers and Seattle Mariners. The Brewers are receiving little production out of their first basemen, while the Rangers just lost Prince Fielder for the year. Seattle has an interest, but might not have the room for Morales in its budget.
- Football’s Most Renowned Teams that Send the Fans Crazy
- Fighting in Hockey: Good or Bad?
- Favorites & Challengers in the New Look NHL 2020-2021 Season
- The Highest Paid NBA Stars Of Right Now
- Are All the Injuries Accrued in Week Two Due to No Pre-Season
- Horse Racings Wealthiest Events Worldwide
- Week 15 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread
- What is the best bet to make on Baseball?
- Week 12 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread
- Week 9 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread