- Red Sox To Blame For Failing To Get Jon Lester - Dec 11, 2014
- Red Sox Set To Sign Hanley Ramirez, Sandoval Could Still Be In Picture - Nov 24, 2014
- Jon Lester May Return to Boston After All - Nov 13, 2014
Before the cookout-friendly schedule for Moday’s MLB games, there is one more day to get through, with plenty more afternoon action. Draftstreet is ready to go with daily fantasy leagues starting along with first pitches at 1:00. If you are looking to get in on any of those leagues, here are some buyer-friendly pitching options you should consider.
Trevor Bauer – $12,748
Bauer has made two appearances for the Indians this year, and each was a quality start. His first came in April against the Padres when he went six innings and gave up one earned run while striking out eight. He spent the next six weeks in Triple-A, but was called up last week and continued where he left off. Against Detroit, he went six innings again, this time allowing two runs and striking out five in picking up the win. He also dominated when he was in the minors, posting a 4-1 record and 2.15 ERA over 46 innings. He also limited opponents to just a .216 batting average. In Baltimore this afternoon, he should have a chance to keep his hot streak going. The Orioles have the third-lowest-scoring offense in all of baseball at home.
Andre Rienzo – $10,388
Rienzo has yet to experience a loss this season, winning four of his six starts for the White Sox. Over his last three starts, he has averaged six innings a piece and has an ERA of 3.50 in that stretch. All season he has done a good job of making hitters work for anything they do get. His BAA for the year is .213, which would place him fourth in the American League if he had enough innings to qualify. Today, he faces the Yankees and rookie Masahiro Tanaka. If Chicago can’t put many runs on the board, another win for Rienzo might be hard to come by, but that doesn’t mean he shouldn’t be able to put himself in a position to get a win. The Yankees have struggled as of late, hitting just .231 as a team in the last week.
Roll the Dice
Rafael Montero – $10,875
Montero has made just two starts for the Mets this season, and he is still trying to find that same level of success he enjoyed in the minors. With New York, he has dropped both of his starts and has an ERA of 6.97 through 10.1 innings. However, his first game came against the Yankees after they had scored seven runs in consecutive contests, and the second was against the Dodgers, who have the National League’s second-best offense this month. So an opponent today like the Diamondbacks should help Montero keep things in control. Arizona has had a rough month scoring runs, managing just 70, which is better than only three teams.
- Football’s Most Renowned Teams that Send the Fans Crazy
- Fighting in Hockey: Good or Bad?
- Favorites & Challengers in the New Look NHL 2020-2021 Season
- The Highest Paid NBA Stars Of Right Now
- Are All the Injuries Accrued in Week Two Due to No Pre-Season
- Horse Racings Wealthiest Events Worldwide
- Week 15 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread
- What is the best bet to make on Baseball?
- Week 12 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread
- Week 9 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread