- XN Sports NFL Mock Draft 4.0 - Apr 10, 2015
- 6 Teams That Need To Win The 2015 NFL Draft - Apr 7, 2015
- Manziel, RGIII Among 6 NFL Players Facing A Make-Or-Break 2015 Season - Apr 6, 2015
Steve Kerr is the new head coach of the Golden State Warriors, and his first task will be finding the correct pieces to run the show.
One piece that may not fit: David Lee.
According to the San Jose Mercury News, the Warriors may try to reignite trade talks involving Lee in order to find a co-star for Stephen Curry. Among the players the team may be eyeing include Kevin Love, Carmelo Anthony and Arron Afflalo.
The Warriors have tried to move David Lee in the past. But it needed to be a no-brainer in order for them to pull the trigger. But now, per a couple league sources, the Warriors have lowered the bar realizing they’ve got to come off that contract so they can go after a co-star for Stephen Curry. Plus, with Steve Kerr acknowledging he wants a stretch-four, which Lee is not, the writing is really on the wall for Lee.
The Orlando Magic are considered a potential trade partner, per the report, because of the team’s available cap space and desire to get out of the Eastern Conference basement.
After buying out Glen “Big Baby” Davis’ contract during the season, the team is in need of a power forward. If the team drafts a perimeter player with the No. 4 overall selection in the NBA Draft Lottery, it makes a trade for Lee all the more likely.
One name that could be a part of the deal is Afflalo. If the Magic add a guard in the draft, Afflalo could be traded in exchange for Lee.
If and when Afflalo lands with Golden State, the team has a chance to move one of its top trading chips, Klay Thompson. The Warriors could dangle Thompson and a package that includes Marreese Speights and Harrison Barnes in hopes of acquiring Kevin Love from the Minnesota Timberwolves.
Love previously said he’s open to the idea of playing for the Warriors.
If the team can’t land Love, they may turn their attention to Anthony, an impending free agent this summer. The report suggests Golden State could package Lee and Thompson in a sign-and-trade to acquire Anthony from the New York Knicks, then try to pry Afflalo from Orlando in a separate deal.
- Most Likely Super Bowl LVI Matchup
- Football’s Most Renowned Teams that Send the Fans Crazy
- Fighting in Hockey: Good or Bad?
- Favorites & Challengers in the New Look NHL 2020-2021 Season
- The Highest Paid NBA Stars Of Right Now
- Are All the Injuries Accrued in Week Two Due to No Pre-Season
- Horse Racings Wealthiest Events Worldwide
- Week 15 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread
- What is the best bet to make on Baseball?
- Week 12 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread