- Red Sox To Blame For Failing To Get Jon Lester - Dec 11, 2014
- Red Sox Set To Sign Hanley Ramirez, Sandoval Could Still Be In Picture - Nov 24, 2014
- Jon Lester May Return to Boston After All - Nov 13, 2014
Like Wednesdays, Thursdays can be a MLB getaway day. And that’s what’s happening today. So if you’re looking to set a night lineup on Draftstreet, there is a shortage of options. But there are still a couple who would be worth your money.
Jake Arrieta – $11,936
Arrieta has just one start under his belt this season because of a shoulder injury that shut him down for the first month of the year. But in that start, he was very strong. He allowed only four hits in 5.1 innings on Friday while adding seven strikeouts. That followed a nice stint during his rehab in the minors. In 20 innings, he had a 2.25 ERA over five games. He also picked up nearly a strikeout an inning. Now, he’ll face the White Sox, who have struggled after a hot start. They are hitting just .207 with 21 runs scored over the last week. Those are both the worst in the American League during that time.
Ryan Vogelsong – $9,955
Vogelsong is working on two straight nice starts. In his most recent, he shut down Atlanta through six innings. That came on the heels of a seven-inning shutout performance against Cleveland, in which he allowed just two hits. So it seems he has put his early-season struggles behind him. One of those teams he dealt with earlier on was the Dodgers. Vogelsong took them on twice and, though he took a no decision each time, his performances allowed his team to win. Historically, he’s pitched pretty well against the Dodgers, going 4-3 with a 3.97 ERA in 88.1 innings. With a short list of true value plays for tonight, he should be on it.
Roll the Dice
Scott Carroll – $13,625
The White Sox youngster is heating things up in Chicago. Just two starts into his career, he is 1-1 with a 0.68 ERA and 1.05 WHIP. That works out to his 13.1 innings and giving up just one run. The Sox haven’t been afraid to let him go deep into games, hitting the 100-pitch plateau both times. All he needs to try to do is pick up a few more strikeouts to be a solid fantasy option. He’s managed just three in his two outings. But, as it stands, he’s still a nice option as you’re looking for someone on the less expensive end of things.
- Horse Racings Wealthiest Events Worldwide
- Week 15 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread
- What is the best bet to make on Baseball?
- Week 12 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread
- Week 9 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread
- Week 7 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread
- How legal betting states will contribute to revenue growth across major US sports
- The XN Sports family would like to express our deep sorrow in the sudden passing of Kwame Beard
- Week 6 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread
- Week 5 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread