- Red Sox To Blame For Failing To Get Jon Lester - Dec 11, 2014
- Red Sox Set To Sign Hanley Ramirez, Sandoval Could Still Be In Picture - Nov 24, 2014
- Jon Lester May Return to Boston After All - Nov 13, 2014
It is Friday night. Spend it with some baseball games and a Draftstreet daily fantasy team or two. As you choose your team, keep an eye on these low-cost pitchers to help you on your quest for victory.
Zack Wheeler – $13,101
The young Mets hurler has been pretty consistent this year. He throws six innings just about every time out, and he generally won’t allow more than three runs. In five starts this season, he’s had quality outings in four of them. The one game that he didn’t, he gave up four runs in five innings. But Wheeler is excellent at picking up outs on his own. He has averaged more than a strikeout an inning, and he set down 10 Marlins through six innings. Tonight’s matchup against the Rockies won’t be easy but if he throws those six innings with little damage, and picks up a few strikeouts, you’ll be in good shape knowing you picked him.
Wily Peralta – $12,599
Peralta has made five starts on the year, and if he was able to pitch one more inning in his debut outing, he would have a quality start in every game this season. Still, he has not given up more than three earned runs in any appearance. He has also pitched into or through the seventh in each of his last four starts. He is averaging more than six innings a start and more than seven strikeouts per nine innings. Tonight, he will face the Reds, who have scored just 19 runs in the last week, tied for the third-fewest in that time.
Roll the Dice
Tom Koehler – $8,986
This has to be a bounce-back game for the Marlins’ right-hander. After a stellar start to the year, he slipped in his last start. It was the first time this year Koehler failed to make it into the sixth inning, giving up four runs on five hits and four walks. In his first 25.1 innings, he surrendered a total of six runs. He also had a one-hitter over seven innings. He now sports a 2.97 ERA and a 1.22 WHIP. His biggest problems have come via the walk, though. So he’s going to have to cut down on those against a tough Dodgers team. But if he does, it could be a good night.
- Football’s Most Renowned Teams that Send the Fans Crazy
- Fighting in Hockey: Good or Bad?
- Favorites & Challengers in the New Look NHL 2020-2021 Season
- The Highest Paid NBA Stars Of Right Now
- Are All the Injuries Accrued in Week Two Due to No Pre-Season
- Horse Racings Wealthiest Events Worldwide
- Week 15 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread
- What is the best bet to make on Baseball?
- Week 12 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread
- Week 9 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread