- NBA Playoff Picture Finally Takes Shape, XN Sports Provides The View - Apr 8, 2015
- Shaquille O’Neal Still Dreams of What Could Have Been in Orlando - Mar 29, 2015
- Steve Nash Proved He Belonged And Still Does - Mar 23, 2015
Nick Young is expected to opt out of his deal with his hometown L.A. Lakers at the end of the season and hit the free agent market in lieu of exercising his player option for the 2014-14 season at $1.2 million.
It’s been a career year for the 28-year-old Young, averaging 17.1 points, 2.7 rebounds and 1.4 assists in 52 games. Since returning from a knee-injury suffered earlier this month against Cleveland, Young has netted at least 20 points in three of the four games he’s played in.
But all has not been paradise for Young in his return to his roots. Besides the Lakers suffering through one of their worse seasons in history, the Lakers swingman returned home from a Staples Center win over to the Orlando Magic this week to find his home ransacked and more than $100,000 in values stolen.
“I came in, I seen my drawers and everything open and clothes all over the floor and the glass was broken from the window,” Young said after Lakers practice Monday.
“I think they knew that I had a game that day, I think they scoped it out a little bit,” said Young. “Obviously, they knew nobody was in the house and they knew we had a game. So, they came at the right time.”
Among the items Young reported stolen were a pair of $6,000 Nike Air Yeezy sneakers he wore to a game earlier in the week and showed off for TV cameras.
“They got me, man,” he said. “They stole my Yeezys, too, man,” said the man known as “Swaggy P” and recently ranked No. 19 on GQ’s list of the 20 most stylish athletes of 2013.
In all, Young has played seven NBA seasons and BasketballReference.com estimates that he earned more than $18 million in salary during his time in the league.
- Football’s Most Renowned Teams that Send the Fans Crazy
- Fighting in Hockey: Good or Bad?
- Favorites & Challengers in the New Look NHL 2020-2021 Season
- The Highest Paid NBA Stars Of Right Now
- Are All the Injuries Accrued in Week Two Due to No Pre-Season
- Horse Racings Wealthiest Events Worldwide
- Week 15 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread
- What is the best bet to make on Baseball?
- Week 12 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread
- Week 9 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread