- XN Sports NFL Mock Draft 4.0 - Apr 10, 2015
- 6 Teams That Need To Win The 2015 NFL Draft - Apr 7, 2015
- Manziel, RGIII Among 6 NFL Players Facing A Make-Or-Break 2015 Season - Apr 6, 2015
Upgrading at the wide receiver position has been the New York Jets’ clear priority this offseason. The team already signed the top free agent in Eric Decker and is still considering all of its options, including the NFL Draft. One possibility: USC’s Marqise Lee.
According to the New York Daily News, Lee met with “high-level Jets personnel” before and after his Southern Cal Pro Day workout. This is “a good indication that the team will seriously consider him with the No. 18 overall pick,” per Jets beat writer Manish Mehta.
Lee, the 2012 Biletnikoff Award winner, is rated as XN Sports’ No. 2 wide receiver behind only Clemson’s Sammy Watkins. Lee’s skill-set is comparable to the now-departed Santonio Holmes. New York has also been linked to wideouts Mike Evans, Kelvin Benjamin, Odell Beckham, and Brandin Cooks in mock drafts.
Vince Wilfork wants out of New England. According to multiple reports Thursday, the 10-year Patriot asked for his release from the team after being approached about re-structuring his contract. If and when Wilfork is out, the Patriots could find his successor in the draft.
According to Yahoo! Sports, the Patriots have long been fond of Notre Dame defensive tackle Louis Nix. The Fighting Irish standout has drawn a lot of comparisons to Wilfork after a breakout 2012 campaign in which he led the team with 50 tackles, including 7.5 for loss, as well as two sacks and All-American Honors.
Pats have loved Notre Dame DT Louis Nix for two years now. At 6-3, 340, would they move up to make him next in the Wilfork/Washington spot?
— Dan Wetzel (@DanWetzel) March 13, 2014
Nix has been projected to fall as early as No. 15 to the Pittsburgh Steelers, so New England may have to trade up to nab him, which hasn’t exactly been the team’s M.O. under Bill Belichick. Of course, the team likely didn’t expect to have to replace Wilfork, so going after “their guy” may bring change. Nix is XN Sports’ No. 2 defensive tackle behind Florida State’s Timmy Jernigan.
Who the Atlanta Falcons pick come May is as much of a mystery as who the Houston Texans will pick. The Falcons are notorious for trading up to grab their top targets, and a number of players from Jadeveon Clowney to Jake Matthews have been linked to the team in recent weeks.
According to NFL.com, UCLA outside backer Anthony Barr visited with the Falcons Thursday. Since owner Arthur Blank said the team needed to get tougher, it makes sense the team would go after one of the best pass-rushers available.
— Gil Brandt (@Gil_Brandt) March 13, 2014
- Football’s Most Renowned Teams that Send the Fans Crazy
- Fighting in Hockey: Good or Bad?
- Favorites & Challengers in the New Look NHL 2020-2021 Season
- The Highest Paid NBA Stars Of Right Now
- Are All the Injuries Accrued in Week Two Due to No Pre-Season
- Horse Racings Wealthiest Events Worldwide
- Week 15 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread
- What is the best bet to make on Baseball?
- Week 12 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread
- Week 9 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread