- Fantasy Baseball Waiver Wire: Peralta, Soria Offer Free Saves; Miller a Closer in Waiting? - Apr 9, 2015
- 2015 NBA Playoff Bracket – April 9 - Apr 9, 2015
- Fantasy Baseball Waiver Wire: Add Jake Lamb - Apr 8, 2015
The second base position is as weak as ever this year with many teams opting for defensive specialists up the middle. The only thing saving the entire position is that guys who play other positions are eligible there. Below you’ll find the early preseason second base rankings for the fantasy baseball 2014 season. The final preseason rankings will be released early next month. Be sure to check back on Thursday for full projections of our top 23 second basemen.
You’ll find that the top tier consists of just two players. Dustin Pedroia is a good second baseman but there’s a significant drop off from Jason Kipnis and Robinson Cano. I have Kipnis above Cano because he provides a better range of stats, is still improving, and doesn’t have to deal with moving to a different team and coast. I think Cano has a high chance of disappointing fantasy owners that reach for him early in the draft.
The second tier is made up of very solid second basemen and some guys who play elsewhere who are eligible at second. The drop off from the second tier to the third tier isn’t very steep and there is a lot of upside in the third tier. The fourth tier guys are ones I’d try to stay away from if possible but there is significant upside in Jurickson Profar, Anthony Rendon, and Brian Dozier, though significant risk for disappointment as well.
Let’s take a look the top 23 second basemen heading into 2014.
|1||1||Jason Kipnis (CLE)|
|2||Robinson Cano (SEA)|
|2||3||Dustin Pedroia (BOS)|
|4||Ian Kinsler (DET)|
|5||Matt Carpenter (STL)|
|6||Aaron Hill (ARI)|
|7||Brandon Phillips (CIN)|
|3||8||Martin Prado (ARI)|
|9||Ben Zobrist (TB)|
|10||Jose Altuve (HOU)|
|11||Jedd Gyorko (SD)|
|12||Daniel Murphy (NYM)|
|13||Brad Miller (SEA)|
|14||Jed Lowrie (OAK)|
|4||15||Chase Utley (PHI)|
|16||Brett Lawrie (TOR)|
|17||Howie Kendrick (LAA)|
|18||Brian Dozier (MIN)|
|19||Jurickson Profar (TEX)|
|20||Neil Walker (PIT)|
|21||Anthony Rendon (WAS)|
|22||Omar Infante (KC)|
|23||Kelly Johnson (NYY)|
- Most Likely Super Bowl LVI Matchup
- Football’s Most Renowned Teams that Send the Fans Crazy
- Fighting in Hockey: Good or Bad?
- Favorites & Challengers in the New Look NHL 2020-2021 Season
- The Highest Paid NBA Stars Of Right Now
- Are All the Injuries Accrued in Week Two Due to No Pre-Season
- Horse Racings Wealthiest Events Worldwide
- Week 15 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread
- What is the best bet to make on Baseball?
- Week 12 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread