- XN Sports NFL Mock Draft 4.0 - Apr 10, 2015
- 6 Teams That Need To Win The 2015 NFL Draft - Apr 7, 2015
- Manziel, RGIII Among 6 NFL Players Facing A Make-Or-Break 2015 Season - Apr 6, 2015
The Los Angeles Dodgers just locked up their manager for the next three years, and on deck is their ace.
According to ESPN, the club intends to sign starter Clayton Kershaw to a long-term contract extension by Friday. Kershaw, who will hit free agency at the conclusion of the 2014 season, filed for arbitration Tuesday.
MLB.com reports indicate the Dodgers offered Kershaw a deal worth somewhere in the range of $30 million per season over 10 years during the season. Kershaw was believed to be uncertain about committing to the deal, though, but remained confident both sides would be able to agree to a long-term deal later on in the offseason.
FOX Sports reported that Kershaw’s deal would rewrite the record books and that the ace could be nearing a contract in the $210 million range over a seven-year span. It would, however, include an opt-out clause that could allow the pitcher to become a free agent after five years,
The deal would be the longest deal for a pitcher since Mike Hampton inked an eight-year contract with the Colorado Rookies before the 2001 season. Detroit Tigers ace Justin Verlander currently takes name for the richest contract allotted to a pitcher, as he was signed a $180 million deal in March 2013.
Kershaw, who will turn 26 in March, has won a pair of National League Cy Young Awards in the past three seasons. This past year, he went 16-9 with a 1.83 Earned Run Average and 232 strikeouts. He owns a career ERA of 2.60 and has recorded 212 strikeouts or more each of the past four seasons.
- Football’s Most Renowned Teams that Send the Fans Crazy
- Fighting in Hockey: Good or Bad?
- Favorites & Challengers in the New Look NHL 2020-2021 Season
- The Highest Paid NBA Stars Of Right Now
- Are All the Injuries Accrued in Week Two Due to No Pre-Season
- Horse Racings Wealthiest Events Worldwide
- Week 15 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread
- What is the best bet to make on Baseball?
- Week 12 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread
- Week 9 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread