- XN Sports NFL Mock Draft 4.0 - Apr 10, 2015
- 6 Teams That Need To Win The 2015 NFL Draft - Apr 7, 2015
- Manziel, RGIII Among 6 NFL Players Facing A Make-Or-Break 2015 Season - Apr 6, 2015
The NFL announced Thursday night the 15 players have been named finalists to be a part of the 2014 Pro Football Hall of Fame class.
Headlining the candidates is former Tampa Bay Buccaneers linebacker Derrick Brooks, former Pittsburgh Steelers running back Jerome Bettis, former Los Angeles/Oakland Raiders wideout Tim Brown, former Indianapolis Colts wideout Marvin Harrison, former Seattle Seahawks tackle Walter Jones and former New York Giants Michael Strahan.
Also cracking the list is Morten Anderson, Kevin Greene, Charles Haley, John Lynch, Andre Reed, Will Shields, Aeneas Williams. The lone coach to make the list is Tony Dungy, while the lone owner is Edward DeBartolo.
The 2014 class will be announced on Saturday, Feb. 1 at Radio City Music Hall in New York City and will appear live on FOX at 8 p.m. ET.
Jones, Strahan and Brooks are considered to be as close to sure bets in terms of making it into the Hall in their first year of eligibility. Jones started 180 straight games for Seattle, making the Pro Bowl nine times and the All-Pro squad four times. Strahan was considered a snub when he wasn’t named a finalist last year, but perhaps the record-holder for most sacks in a single season will fare better this go-round. Brooks is arguably the best outside backer on his generation, tallying 11 Pro Bowl appearances and being named the 2002 Defensive Player of the Year.
Some of the notable snubs this year include former Denver Broncos running back Terrell Davis, as well as former commissioner Paul Tagliabue.
- Most Likely Super Bowl LVI Matchup
- Football’s Most Renowned Teams that Send the Fans Crazy
- Fighting in Hockey: Good or Bad?
- Favorites & Challengers in the New Look NHL 2020-2021 Season
- The Highest Paid NBA Stars Of Right Now
- Are All the Injuries Accrued in Week Two Due to No Pre-Season
- Horse Racings Wealthiest Events Worldwide
- Week 15 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread
- What is the best bet to make on Baseball?
- Week 12 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread