- Fantasy Baseball Waiver Wire: Peralta, Soria Offer Free Saves; Miller a Closer in Waiting? - Apr 9, 2015
- 2015 NBA Playoff Bracket – April 9 - Apr 9, 2015
- Fantasy Baseball Waiver Wire: Add Jake Lamb - Apr 8, 2015
In a move that comes as a surprise to few, the Washington Redskins are expected to fire head coach Mike Shanahan, The Washington Post reports. Sources say the Redskins are expected to announce the move on Sunday night or Monday morning.
The move comes after a tumultuous season in Washington that saw a playoff favorite lose 12 of their first 15 games. Mired by shoddy defense and ineffective play by second-year quarterback Robert Griffin III, who never looked the same following his knee surgery, the Redskins hold the worst record in the NFC despite winning 10 games last season with essentially the same squad. Many have speculated on Shanahan’s future all season but the long time coach appeared to be on his way out when he decided to sit RGIII for the season’s final three games and start backup quarterback Kirk Cousins.
Shanahan, who still has a year left on his five-year contract, has a 24-39 record in four year’s as Washington’s head coach entering Sunday’s game against the Giants and will finish in last place in the NFC East for the third time.
In his career, Shanahan is 169-136 and has two Superbowl rings as the Broncos head coach and another as the offensive coordinator in San Francisco.
The Redskins will now begin to search for their eighth head coach since 2000. Over that stretch, the Skins have finished above .500 just three times.
- Most Likely Super Bowl LVI Matchup
- Football’s Most Renowned Teams that Send the Fans Crazy
- Fighting in Hockey: Good or Bad?
- Favorites & Challengers in the New Look NHL 2020-2021 Season
- The Highest Paid NBA Stars Of Right Now
- Are All the Injuries Accrued in Week Two Due to No Pre-Season
- Horse Racings Wealthiest Events Worldwide
- Week 15 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread
- What is the best bet to make on Baseball?
- Week 12 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread