- Red Sox To Blame For Failing To Get Jon Lester - Dec 11, 2014
- Red Sox Set To Sign Hanley Ramirez, Sandoval Could Still Be In Picture - Nov 24, 2014
- Jon Lester May Return to Boston After All - Nov 13, 2014
What will these two teams do for an encore? The American League Championship Series has seen two great games in Boston to kick off the best-of-seven set. The Tigers won a Game 1 squeaker 1-0 and nearly no-hit the Red Sox. It was looking like it might be more of the same in Game 2 until David Ortiz’s eighth inning grand slam tied it and propelled Boston to an incredible comeback, evening the series.
As the series shifts to Detroit, the Tigers will be looking to rebound from the devastating loss and are turning to Justin Verlander to do it. He was incredible in the ALDS against Oakland, going 1-0 in two starts. In 15 innings, he allowed just six hits and no runs, while striking out 21.
The Red Sox will counter with John Lackey. He turned in his best regular season in years, but struggled in his only start of the postseason. In Game 3 of the ALDS against Tampa, he gave up four runs over 5.1 innings on seven hits and three walks.
Here are this afternoon’s lineups, and make sure to join us for our live blog right here.
SP – John Lackey (10-13, 3.52)
1. Jacoby Ellsbury, CF
2. Shane Victorino, RF
3. Dustin Pedroia, 2B
4. David Ortiz, DH
5. Mike Napoli, 1B
6. Jarrod Saltalamacchia, C
7. Jonny Gomes, LF
8. Stephen Drew, SS
9. Will Middlebrooks, 3B
SP – Justin Verlander (13-12, 3.46)
1. Austin Jackson, CF
2. Torii Hunter, RF
3. Miguel Cabrera, 3B
4. Prince Fielder, 1B
5. Victor Martinez, DH
6. Jhonny Peralta, SS
7. Alex Avila, C
8. Omar Infante, 2B
9. Andy Dirks, LF
- Most Likely Super Bowl LVI Matchup
- Football’s Most Renowned Teams that Send the Fans Crazy
- Fighting in Hockey: Good or Bad?
- Favorites & Challengers in the New Look NHL 2020-2021 Season
- The Highest Paid NBA Stars Of Right Now
- Are All the Injuries Accrued in Week Two Due to No Pre-Season
- Horse Racings Wealthiest Events Worldwide
- Week 15 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread
- What is the best bet to make on Baseball?
- Week 12 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread