- What a Difference Some Mumbo-Jumbo Can Make - Sep 22, 2017
- Saving Baseball on the Radio: The Detroit Tigers’ Dan Dickerson & Jim Price - Aug 22, 2015
- What Happened to the 2015 Detroit Tigers? - Aug 9, 2015
If last night was any indication, the 2013 American League Championship Series is going to be one to remember. Tigers pitchers nearly combined for a no-hitter, while striking out 17 Red Sox batters. Boston pitching, meanwhile, scattered nine hits and limited a solid Detroit lineup to just one run, but it was enough for the defending American League champions to take a 1-0 series lead.
Offense might be just as tough to come by tonight when the teams head back to Fenway for Game 2, as two of the league’s best pitchers this year square off. But in an effort to keep it from happening to his team again, Red Sox manager John Farrell has offered a significantly different lineup than the one he sent out in Game 1.
So as you watch tonight’s game, make sure you follow along with our live blog right here, featuring XN Sports writers and editors.
GAME 2 LINEUPS
Max Scherzer (21-3, 2.90)
1. Austin Jackson, CF
2. Torii Hunter, RF
3. Miguel Cabrera, 3B
4. Prince Fielder, 1B
5. Victor Martinez, DH
6. Jhonny Peralta, SS
7. Alex Avila, C
8. Omar Infante, 2B
9. Don Kelly, LF
Clay Buchholz (12-1, 1.74)
1. Jacoby Ellsbury, CF
2. Shane Victorino, RF
3. Dustin Pedroia, 2B
4. David Ortiz, DH
5. Mike Carp, 1B
6. Jonny Gomes, LF
7. Jarrod Saltalamacchia, C
8. Stephen Drew, SS
9. Will Middlebrooks, 3B
- Most Likely Super Bowl LVI Matchup
- Football’s Most Renowned Teams that Send the Fans Crazy
- Fighting in Hockey: Good or Bad?
- Favorites & Challengers in the New Look NHL 2020-2021 Season
- The Highest Paid NBA Stars Of Right Now
- Are All the Injuries Accrued in Week Two Due to No Pre-Season
- Horse Racings Wealthiest Events Worldwide
- Week 15 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread
- What is the best bet to make on Baseball?
- Week 12 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread