- What a Difference Some Mumbo-Jumbo Can Make - Sep 22, 2017
- Saving Baseball on the Radio: The Detroit Tigers’ Dan Dickerson & Jim Price - Aug 22, 2015
- What Happened to the 2015 Detroit Tigers? - Aug 9, 2015
2013 MLB Power Rankings for week 9 are ready for your eyes. It’s an exciting week in interleague play, except, as SJN’s Tom McFeeley pointed out, the problem remains that all the intriguing matchups are happening at the same time, so if you’re a fan of baseball, hopefully you have Tivo, or one of those other devices that records digital television (as if you don’t watch enough TV as is).
With that said, the Texas Rangers are still sitting pretty atop the power rankings for week 9. Their 3.75 team ERA in the month of May is up a bit from their season totals, but they’re hitting the ball with authority over that time, heading into the end of May with a .276 BA, good for sixth in all of baseball.
The Rangers story also has something to do with the failure of the Angels to run away with the division, but Anaheim has shown some spunk of late, winning eight of their last ten. The AL West is starting to shape itself into a decent looking competition between the two teams. If Oakland can continue their strong play (9-1 in last ten games), look for the West to feature a three-headed monster. The other two heads (Houston and Seattle) have been chopped off, and are quietly rotting away somewhere.
[table id=14 /]
- Football’s Most Renowned Teams that Send the Fans Crazy
- Fighting in Hockey: Good or Bad?
- Favorites & Challengers in the New Look NHL 2020-2021 Season
- The Highest Paid NBA Stars Of Right Now
- Are All the Injuries Accrued in Week Two Due to No Pre-Season
- Horse Racings Wealthiest Events Worldwide
- Week 15 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread
- What is the best bet to make on Baseball?
- Week 12 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread
- Week 9 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread