The Week 6 MLB Power Rankings are by no means a conundrum, especially if you’re looking at the bottom of the list where the Astros and Marlins seem to keep switching places. Last week, the Marlins held the bottom spot, and this week it’s the Astros. Who knows what will happen in the basement next week? We do. The Astros will be firmly planted there.
After being swept out of their home ballpark in a four-game series with the Tigers, it appears that the season is going to get longer and longer for Houston. They have no one they can rely in in the starting rotation, bullpen, or the lineup. Jose Altuve can only do so much. Occasionally, one gets the feeling that “something has to be done” before this team fizzles away into the history of Major League Baseball. 100 losses seems inevitable.
Had Justin Verlander completed his no-hitter bid in last night’s embarrassing loss, Bud Selig might have stepped in and ruled the no-no illegitimate based on the fact that the Astros are basically fielding a minor league ball club.
On the flip-side, the Red Sox, despite being swept by the Rangers over the weekend, still retain the top spot in our week 6 Power Rankings.
[table id=7 /]
- Football’s Most Renowned Teams that Send the Fans Crazy
- Fighting in Hockey: Good or Bad?
- Favorites & Challengers in the New Look NHL 2020-2021 Season
- The Highest Paid NBA Stars Of Right Now
- Are All the Injuries Accrued in Week Two Due to No Pre-Season
- Horse Racings Wealthiest Events Worldwide
- Week 15 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread
- What is the best bet to make on Baseball?
- Week 12 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread
- Week 9 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread