- What a Difference Some Mumbo-Jumbo Can Make - Sep 22, 2017
- Saving Baseball on the Radio: The Detroit Tigers’ Dan Dickerson & Jim Price - Aug 22, 2015
- What Happened to the 2015 Detroit Tigers? - Aug 9, 2015
If the Yankees win the series, it will be their 41st pennant win. If the Tigers win, it will be their 11th.
According to an ESPN poll, 39% of voters chose the Tigers to win it all, 26% chose the Yankees. The Cardinals came in at third with 21%, and the Giants fourth with 14% of the vote. At the time of this writing, over 83,000 voters had weighed in.
As we know it here at Baseball Jerks, polls are for jerks. The Tigers’ lead in this poll may be indicative of something other than baseball knowledge and perhaps more akin to general distaste on behalf of anyone not living in New York.
Jim Leyland’s lineup for Game 1:
2B Omar Infante
DH Delmon Young
LF Andy Dirks
Joe Girardi will counter with:
SS Derek Jeter
DH Raul Ibanez
RF Nick Swisher
One thing is for sure, tonight’s game will be played. There’s no rain in the forecast so these two clubs won’t have to wait on Mother Nature to show their hands.
The Yankees have a bone to pick with the Tigers after being bounced by them in two recent ALDS (’06, ’11), but by all accounts, the Tigers have a stronger starting pitching rotation so the Yankees’ task won’t be easy.
Stats and info courtesy of MLB.com
- Most Likely Super Bowl LVI Matchup
- Football’s Most Renowned Teams that Send the Fans Crazy
- Fighting in Hockey: Good or Bad?
- Favorites & Challengers in the New Look NHL 2020-2021 Season
- The Highest Paid NBA Stars Of Right Now
- Are All the Injuries Accrued in Week Two Due to No Pre-Season
- Horse Racings Wealthiest Events Worldwide
- Week 15 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread
- What is the best bet to make on Baseball?
- Week 12 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread