Tonight is a short slate with four games, meaning there’s little variation between a lot of lineups.
The big favourites tonight are Anaheim (-330) and Pittsburgh (-225). Considering how the Flyers played the Penguins last year, I would look to Anaheim or Ottawa for goaltending. I just don’t trust Marc-Andre Fleury. Every game is a total of 5.5 goals except for Philadelphia-Pittsburgh, which is at 6.
**One warning for tonight: There was a shooting in Ottawa on Parliament Hill earlier today. A lot of downtown, at time of writing, is in lockdown. Keep an eye on Twitter or other news resources to make sure this game actually takes place tonight.
Players will be in order of perceived value, by position, and there should be enough to mix-and-match for each type of game available on DraftKings. Some positions might only have a few plays, some might have several. It all depends on the day, the matchups, and the price.
|Getzlaf (ANA) – $7800||Perry (ANA) – $7200||Vatanen (ANA) – $4900||Andersen (ANA) – $9200|
|Turris (OTT) – $5000||Brouwer (WSH) – $4700||Letang (PIT) – $5900||Anderson (OTT) – $8900|
|Crosby (PIT) – $9500||Stone (OTT) – $3200||Martin (PIT) – $3400|
|Zibanejad (OTT) – $3000||Smith-Pelly (ANA) – $3900||Karlsson (OTT) – $7500|
|Backstrom (WSH) – $6900||MacArthur (OTT) – $6200||Lindholm (ANA) – $3400|
|Hornqvist (PIT) – $8800|
|Raffl (PHI) – $3000|
- I have Getzlaf/Perry at the top of the list just because their price relative to the Pittsburgh top duo is much better. There’s not much difference in expected goals between the two, so in general, I’ll take the cheaper options.
- There are a lot of very good, very cheap options from both Ottawa and Anaheim tonight.
- Fitting an expensive defenseman in tonight isn’t a bad idea. There are enough saving elsewhere that it makes it viable, and a good strategy to differentiate.
Guaranteed Prize Pools/Tournaments
|Turris (OTT) – $5000||MacArthur (OTT) – $5200||Martin (PIT) – $3400||Enroth (BUF) – $6600|
|Getzlaf (ANA) – $7800||Stone (OTT) – $3200||Vatanen (ANA) – $4900||Scrivens (EDM) – $6200|
|Crosby (PIT) – $9500||Perry (ANA) – $7200||Maatta (PIT) – $4000|
|Johansson (WSH) – $3700||Smith-Pelly (ANA) – $3900||Lindholm (ANA) – $3400|
|Hornqvist (PIT) – $8800|
|Brouwer (WSH) – $4700|
- Obviously, when picking a goalie, don’t also pick skaters playing against them. So if taking Enroth, don’t take Perry/Getzlaf. If taking Scrivens, avoid Washington players.
- In a (very) small sample last year, Kyle Turris was very good against Kessel/van Riemsdyk. Combined with the price, the top line for Ottawa makes a nice target tonight.
- I would avoid the expensive defensemen in a GPP tonight, if only because it limits the stacking options among the forwards.
Slim’s Pickins (bargain plays)
William Karlsson (C-ANA, $3000) – Karlsson has been given top line power play minutes recently, and should fare well at even strength against the depth of Buffalo.
Daniel Winnik (W-TOR, $2700) – The second line for Toronto has been very consistent for most of the season. A big part of that consistency has been Winnik digging pucks out for Kadri/Lupul.
Patrick Wiercioch (D-OTT, $2900) – The Ottawa defenseman is getting second unit power play minutes for the Senators.
**UPDATE: Enroth is not starting for Buffalo, it’s Michal Neuvirth.