- XN Sports NFL Mock Draft 4.0 - Apr 10, 2015
- 6 Teams That Need To Win The 2015 NFL Draft - Apr 7, 2015
- Manziel, RGIII Among 6 NFL Players Facing A Make-Or-Break 2015 Season - Apr 6, 2015
The Milwaukee Bucks send two second-round draft picks to the Brooklyn Nets to make Jason Kidd the team’s new head coach.
Over the weekend, it was reported that Kidd asked Nets management for a promotion — to be head coach as well as president of basketball operations — a job usually given to more experienced, winning head coaches like Doc Rivers or Stan Van Gundy.
Now Kidd is in and Larry Drew is out. The Nets have a coaching vacancy.
Here are three takeaways from Kidd-Gate:
1. The Bucks got their man, accidentally?
Kidd was seemingly using the Bucks to gain more power within the Nets organization, but when his request for a promotion was rebuffed, Kidd had almost no choice but to go to Milwaukee.
Now Kidd has the same job but with a different team, one substantially worse than the Nets. And did so before the previous coach was even fired.
It’s a PR disaster for both sides really, and doesn’t put Kidd in the brightest of lights. He seemed overeager and went about things the wrong way. Now he’s stuck, fittingly, with one of the league’s most unsuccessful franchises.
2. Can another coach make Brooklyn better?
Hollins led the Memphis Grizzlies to the Western Conference Finals, and probably unfairly got the axe. He’s been in the fold for a bunch of NBA coaching vacancies this summer.
3. From New York to Wisconsin, it’s about to be a major fall down
The Bucks have Larry Sanders and first-round pick Jabari Parker; now they have a head coach that looked like he figured out what he was doing in the latter part of his first season — kind of.
With Milwaukee, the task of luring free agents to a low-money organization where winning is especially rare is increasingly more difficult than figuring out a rotation with veteran stars. And if Kidd eventually does gain control of basketball ops, he’ll be the one that gets the blame if he can’t bring in the right talent. He single-handedly put himself in a lose-lose situation.
- Most Likely Super Bowl LVI Matchup
- Football’s Most Renowned Teams that Send the Fans Crazy
- Fighting in Hockey: Good or Bad?
- Favorites & Challengers in the New Look NHL 2020-2021 Season
- The Highest Paid NBA Stars Of Right Now
- Are All the Injuries Accrued in Week Two Due to No Pre-Season
- Horse Racings Wealthiest Events Worldwide
- Week 15 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread
- What is the best bet to make on Baseball?
- Week 12 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread