- NBA Playoff Picture Finally Takes Shape, XN Sports Provides The View - Apr 8, 2015
- Shaquille O’Neal Still Dreams of What Could Have Been in Orlando - Mar 29, 2015
- Steve Nash Proved He Belonged And Still Does - Mar 23, 2015
Derrick Rose is rumored to be ahead of schedule in his rehab from what was thought to be season-ending knee surgery, and some are even whispering the former league MVP may ultimately be in a position to return to action this season should the Chicago Bulls advance to the postseason.
Several media outlets are reporting Rose is now shooting more in practice and has extended his jogging and level of treadmill work stemming from the torn meniscus he suffered in his right knee in late February against the Portland Trailblazers.
The Chicago Sun-Times reports even the typically reserved Tom Thibodeau wouldn’t completely rule out his 25-year-old star guard’s potential 2013-14 return.
“He can shoot… I don’t want to jump to any conclusions, just going step-by-step,” said Thibodeau. “When he handles the next phase, then they’ll move him on to the next one.”
Either way, the youngest MVP in league history figures to see the hardwood a lot sooner than he did coming off his torn ACL injury of 2012.
Rose is on record in asserting he plans to participate for USA Basketball this summer at the FIBA World Cup in Spain and as one of the staff’s assistant coaches Thibodeau is more than on board with the idea.
“Well, I’m hopeful he will,” he told the Sun-Times.“I thought it was a great experience for him in the past. I know how much he enjoyed it. I know how USA Basketball feels about him. I think it’s a great honor and a privilege, hopefully it’ll work out.”
In the summer of 2010, Rose starred on the USA gold medal-winning World Championship team, propelling him on his way to his MVP season of 2011 when he averaged 25 points, eight assists and four rebounds.
“It challenges guys, Thibodeau reflected of the USA Basketball experience. “I think it’s beneficial to all the players. I know Derrick, my first year when he played that summer he hit the ground running. He had a great season. I thought that experience was invaluable to him.’’
In all, USA Basketball Chairman Jerry Colangelo invited 28 star players to camp, none of them any more intriguing than Derrick Rose.
- Most Likely Super Bowl LVI Matchup
- Football’s Most Renowned Teams that Send the Fans Crazy
- Fighting in Hockey: Good or Bad?
- Favorites & Challengers in the New Look NHL 2020-2021 Season
- The Highest Paid NBA Stars Of Right Now
- Are All the Injuries Accrued in Week Two Due to No Pre-Season
- Horse Racings Wealthiest Events Worldwide
- Week 15 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread
- What is the best bet to make on Baseball?
- Week 12 NFL Picks Against the Point Spread